Recently a simple game called flappy bird become a hit in google play and iTunes, based on news I’ve read this game gain about 50 grand USD for a day, so where is that money came from? This a lot of money come from advertisements using advertisements API, which actually not a new thing in freeware application business, every people who install this app and running it will trigger a request to show advertise in some area in the window, every trigger is a count, maybe it just 5 cents/trigger but wonder if your application has 100k download, you already have 5 grand (1 USD equal 100 cents) each time they run the app while they actually will run it more than once in a day. Ok, if you programmer and want to try your luck create a simple yet intresting app and or serious ones to gain money from free app here is the list of advertisements service you may use :
- Google’s AdMob, by far the most used ad platform, easy to integrate into your apps, supports house ads, good analytics, but pays less than others. There have also been reports on accounts being closed for no good reason. Here is a (slightly outdated) post with comments on Admob and Adsense.
- Google’s AdWhirl, supports multiple ad networks, but difficult to setup with poor documentation. A review
- MobClix, 2nd in popularity after AdMob, easy to integrate, multiple ad networks, pays more than AdMob but has high payment threshold before it will pay out, reportedly pays with 3 months delay. A comparison of MobClix versus AdMob
- MobFox, targets high revenue ads in US and Europe, allows you to control the minimum ad-click price. Here’s an extensive review and some SO users comments
- MoPub, new kid on the block, multiple ad networks, different ad types (banner, full screen, video ads). Currently working on support for in-app payments, not really turnkey integration. Some user coments
- LeadBolt, multiple ad types like interstituals and video ads, high fill rate, more information here
- JumpTap, good at matching ads to your app, One SO user review here
- Airpush, pushes ads to the notification pane, some apps that use Airpush have been temporarily banned from Android Market because users regarded this as malicious app behaviour. Has opt-out system either by entering your IMEI or installing an opt-out app. More info here
- Opera Software’s AdMarvel supports multiple ad networks
- Burstly multiple ad networks
- Greystripe, different ad types (e.g. banner or full screen)
- mMedia, formerly known as millenial
- InMobi good support (even on questions asked on SE)
- Komli Mobile
- Google AdSense for mobile webpages, has strict acceptance policy
- AppBrain AppLift this SDK provides a user friendly exit-interstitial and always has 100% fill rate.
Before use any of it with your own risk, I did not take any responsibility for any loss you may get from the advertisements service source listed above, so you better read and find out more about the service you want to use.
Subscribe & fast response : Follow @etayuy